Sunday, March 21, 2010

The talented Mr. Bess, Edward Bess that is!


On a recent trip to New York City, I made my usual visit to Bergdorf Goodman. It is one of my favorite stops in the city and I am always thrilled with the goodies I walk away with. There in the basement level of Bergdorf, lie many of the fine items not available on the mainstream market, one being the Edward Bess collection. Previous trips have left me rushing to get in whatever I could, but on this particular trip my only goal was to stop and really enjoy the Edward Bess installation. Only having access via website and over the phone, it’s hard to judge shades so I was thrilled to be there in person.

Low and behold the sight I came upon when a charming gentleman greeted me. It was the fabulous Edward Bess himself! I was taken aback on his charm and genuine sincerity, and what a sight to behold, pictures do not do justice! He is an amazingly handsome young man! Imagine this package…charm, genuine sincerity, amazingly pleasing features and immense ambition, all rolled up into one being. How can that be? In this instance you can truly say and mean “you can’t judge a book by its cover”, for who would know the genius mind behind the blue eyes and young face?

His lipsticks are creamy, with great pigmentation; lip glosses that are non sticky and give great depth; shadows that are superbly silky and long wearing, the list goes on. How can that be from such a baby company? Only four years old and new to the beauty world, the detail and thought Mr. Bess has put into the development of his products is what makes him a step above the rest. With the super powers of Estee Lauder and the couture design houses of Dior and Chanel, he is in for a fight! But so far, he’s holding his own. Formerly only a small étagère and now a full counter, he’s obviously a main player to be able to gain so much attention amongst the high standards of Bergdorf Goodman and the beauty aficionado’s of the cosmetic world! From his starting point of the Lip Wardrobe to a full collection of items for lips, eyes and face, I wait eagerly of the new products to come from this amazing collection(many of his current products have pushed my former holy grails to the back burner). I only expect excellence to come, so I wait patiently! Currently only available at Bergdorf Goodman and Edwardbess.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment