Thursday, October 22, 2009


The shimmer of falling snow flakes

It’s still early in the season, but my list is growing ever long. So I took some time to go out and see the many enticing goodies I had on my list. And I picked up a few that at the moment I just couldn’t live without! One of the items I ended up taking home was not even on my list, Estee Lauders Opulent Shimmer Powder from their Ultimate Red Holiday collection. I’d posted the collection a few days before and in the pictures, this did not jump out at me. Just another shimmer powder, is what I thought. Oh no, not just another shimmer powder I tell you! This one is stunning; you must see it to appreciate it. It has shades of gold and champagne that gives a luminous glow rather than a shimmer, like an angelic halo of light hit at just the right places. I’ve worn it twice now, once on an evening outing and once again to work in the office. Usually I wouldn’t wear something like this to the office, but with this one I could pull it off! It can be layered for a more dramatic effect, which is what I’d done when I went out for the evening. I think the champagne tones make it more wearable than a lot of the other one’s I have that are just gold, silver or even pink. Although all of those are great, they would have to be used for a specific look or occasion; I certainly couldn’t wear them into the office and look appropriate for the business world! Overall, I give this an A, for quality, price and oh so pretty packaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment