Friday, October 23, 2009


What to do with all of those gift set shower gels, do tell!


Ever buy a perfume gift set because it was a mere few dollars more than the price of the lone bottle. Especially now, with the Holidays fast approaching and the fragrance gift sets are abundant! And once again, the skilled sales associate has convinced you that you must have it. But you know you will never use the shower gels that come in them and you know they will sit and collect dust and just take up room in your beauty treasure trove. What to do with them?

I’ve come up with a few things that I do with mine, they don’t go to waste and I have new uses for my favorite scents! One thing I love to do is use it as a delicate wash. Add a bit to your sink full of cold water and soak your delicates. I’ve also added it into my wash cycle in the washing machine for softly scented clothes. I have a front loading washer these days so I fill the detergent dispenser to about ¼ the detergent capacity, this is plenty since they use very little detergent to begin with.

Another use I get from these is to use them as a hand wash. My guest’s always muse over this! For the 1.7oz tubes that normally come in the sets, I add all of the contents into my soap dispenser and fill the rest with unscented hand soap. I use an unscented biodegradable and sulfate free base I get from a craft supplier. It comes in various sizes and is great for making any thing in liquid soap form such as shampoo, detergent, liquid soap, etc.

These are just a few suggestions; there are many more things you can do with them! Waste not; want not, I’m sure my Mother has told me this many times. Maybe this one stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment