Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightner Review





YSL set the scene with their pen style eye brightener and everyone has been trying to catch up ever since. Although YSL is the original and still high on my list for best eye brightner-concealer, there have been several others that followed that I liked almost as much, sometimes even more depending on my needs. I was thrilled when I heard Bobbi Brown was coming out with one of her own. This was the one item she didn’t have that I had a major lemming for. I love the portability of the pen style brightner-concealers.

And I must say it’s been worth the wait! The consistency is fabulous, not too watery and not too thick, so it doesn’t get cakey. I wore this alone on first try, I did not have too much to conceal that particular day, just needed a bit of ‘wake me up’! Second time around, I used Bobbi’s concealer pot first than this over top. Also worked great, and it wore all day without caking. I did touch up once during the day, and that was fine too. No build-up then either. The shade ranges are great; better than most as a matter of fact, eight shades to choose from. My only complaint is the size. It’s tiny, and for $38 I only wonder if it’s worth it. Price has never kept me from buying something I truly love so; I’ll have to mull it over a bit more, to see if it will remain a staple item! Over all, I give this a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment