Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chanel Holiday Haul



Amongst many other things I picked up during my Nordstrom’s Trend Show, I got a few items from the Chanel Holiday Collection. I wanted everything but had to choose a few I couldn’t live without! I picked up the Tentation Cuivree shadow quad, the Patchouli Rouge Coco lipstick and the Pleasing Glossimer.

The Tentation Cuivree quad is just stunning. It looks very deep and dark in the pan, and can be when applied with a damp applicator, but can also be sheer when applied with a brush or sponge applicator. This particular quad is fashioned after the European ones in that they are baked, so when used wet they will reform back to its original consistency. They seem to look like a bronzy quad from pictures but in person, they have more of a dark plum tone. But they are still gorgeous! They seem to work for any eye shade. Mine are a light brown and this brings out the honey tones and really makes my eyes pop.

Tentation Cuivree Quad

I also picked up the Patchouli Rouge Coco. Since I always seem to gravitate towards a darker eye, the nude lip always appeals more to me. If you like a beige peachy bronze tone, this might be one you will like. It’s a nude but without washing you out and making you look blah! After an initial pass, I also picked up the Pleasing Glossimer. It looks very bronzy in the tube and didn’t’ seem all that special to me, or one I hadn’t seen before. But once the artist put it on me, I loved it! I was less bronzy and more a softer shimmer with a beige peach undertone. It’s great for an everyday fall gloss.
Pleasing Glossimer
Patchouli Rouge Coco

Since I had to budget, I passed on some of the gift sets for now. But once the wallet allows, I’m going back for more. I always love what Chanel has to offer for the Holidays, and this year is no different!

No comments:

Post a Comment