Friday, February 12, 2010

Philosophy “Heavenly Light” Illuminator



I really hoped I would like this when I ordered it. It was on back order from Qvc and I was having major lemmings! It ends up, I love it! I am on an illuminator kick these days, its winter and I just feel like I need that little bit of “glow”. You know, the kind you see on all of the fresh faced, rosy cheeked girls when you are out taking your winter afternoon stroll. I like to use this under my foundation, high on my cheekbones. Well as high as I can get, I wasn’t born with the sculpted cheekbones like some of those hateful girls out there! I am just kidding about the “hateful”, truth is I am green with envy of those cheekbones! Using it under my foundation gives me just the right amount of light and illumination. Using it over my foundation gives me a bit more, so I only do that when I am having a night out. It only comes in pink, which works for my light-medium skin tone; I would think that if you have a darker complexion, it would show up more pink. I only fear that if you have a deep complexion it would come up ashy, but on QVC it didn’t on the model with the deep tones. But they use diffusing lenses so who knows! It is very light weight and does not feel heavy under my foundation so I love that. For me that’s important, with moisturizer, primer, illuminator then foundation I often feel like I have too much on, but this is okay actually. It is packaged in a nifty little tube with an attached brush that you click open and squeeze to dispense the illuminator onto the brush. Overall, I think this is a good illuminator, especially if you have light to dark tones. I’m still iffy on the deep skin tones but I’ll keep you posted on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment