Tuesday, March 22, 2011

MAC Viva Glam- Lady Gaga 2




After a much too long of a wait, I could not wait to get my hands on the Lady Gaga 2 lipstick and gloss. First off, I love Lady Gaga so I was so excited that she was doing two campaigns in a row, a first for any spokes person. And I was excited for the nude collection, on the press release it looked like my kind of nude. The first Gaga for Viva Glam was too pink and cool for me, so this must have been the one I was meant to have!

 Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick

Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipglass
I must say, it is not quite the nude I thought it would be. But not in a bad way. I thought it would have more of a peachy tone, maybe something that was going to be nude with just a hint of soft peachy-pinky so that you don’t look like you are wearing concealer on your lips. You know? So I was surprised that it was a very warm nude with more of a golden beige tone. If you are fair and cool toned, I am afraid this might really wash you out. I am very warm toned with olive complexion and as a long as I wear a nude liner, such as Kevyn Aucoin’s Medium Lip liner or Edward Bess’s Natural Lip Liner, of which both are warm toned nudes, than this will be a wonderful nude for you. Without a good base liner, this was horrible on me. It looked like a true beige lipstick and almost ashy. I must also mention that I have highly pigmented lips so this is a factor too. The liner really gives a good base and tones down the pigmentation on my lips and allows the lipstick and gloss color to really be the star it was meant to be.

I wore both the gloss and liner with a really dark smoky eye and it was fantastic. I also wore it with a pale eye but I had to really amp up the blush. So considering that I could wear it with both of my favorite looks, makes me a very happy girl! It isn’t an everyday nude for me, but a wonderful nude none the less. And to be able to help in the MAC Aids campaign is not such a bad thing. Now, if I could just get tickets to her concert, I would be an even happier little monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment