Monday, August 31, 2009

Nude Perfection!

Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Santal
Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Santal Swatch


Weekend Beauty Haul Part 1: Chanel Rouge Allure Laque
So yesterday afternoon I ventured out to my favorite leisurely destination, the mall! Nordstrom tweaked my interest with temptations galore! Neiman's made my heart ache for the infamous Louboutin’s I dream of! Sephora pulls me in with the promise that something is just waiting for me to take it home!

My afternoon served fruitful, as I’ve come home with some new products! My haul has left me with several new “favorite” items for the season. But the one I think that stands out is Chanel’s new Rouge Allure Laque. I have been looking for a Bordeaux lipstick; that’s the look this season and I must have it! I was hoping to find it in Chanel’s Laque Dragon, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me. The one I did end up with is Santal. First let me tell you how absolutely decadent this lipstick is. For being a liquid lipstick, it wears superbly! It is moisturizing yet gives excellent color payoff, shine and coverage. Santal is a nudish-light peach shade that is the perfect nude lip for me, I’m a light-medium skin tone, I usually wear Chanel Shell foundation, or in MAC’s range usually NC25ish. I wore a neutral eye while shopping, and this had just enough kick to add a bit of color so not to make me look washed out as some nudes can do. Yet when I went out to dinner later I wore a smoky eye and this was the perfect low key lip. The Chanel sales associate offered me 5-6hrs of long wear with this, although I didn’t get that, I did get about two hours of wear without touchup or fading. But once I started eating and drinking, it didn’t hold up. This is not one of the long-wears that last for hours and has to be taken off with a remover, so I really am not complaining! To have a liquid lipstick that lasts several hours is near miraculous to me. My gloss is usually gone after about 15 minutes and my lipsticks usually have to be touched up after about half an hour. So two hours without touchup, for me is fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment