Thursday, August 19, 2010

Burberry Beauty Round 2:
Russet Light Glow Blush, Cameo and Nude Beige Lip Cover Lipstick, Nude Beige Gloss





Now that I’ve used and fallen in love with my first round of Burberry Beauty items, it’s onto round number two. In this round of items are the Russet Light Glow Blush, Cameo Lip Cover lipstick and Nude Beige Lip Cover lipstick as well as the Nude Beige Lip Glow lip gloss. All are more toward the neutral nude shades, but are wearable by most skin tones unless you are extremely cool toned. They are nude but they are not dull, and surprisingly very pigmented for such nude shades. They are certainly a creamy lipstick; I would compare these to the Chanel Rouge Coco formulation.




I most often wear a smoky eye so I tend to lean toward a nude lip on most days. For this reason I like the Nude Beige. It is a nude shade but it has a good pink-beige base so that it doesn’t wash you out and make you look dead. Because I have a lot of color to my lips I need to use a nude lip liner to provide a good base and even out the tone. The Cameo is also a good nude shade; however it has a peach tone to it, so it gives a bit more color. I love the Cameo with a bronzed look; bronze smoky eye and a luminous bronzer. Both lipsticks pair well with the Nude Beige gloss. It’s a perfect match for the Nude Beige lipstick and adds a bit of depth and shine. With the Cameo lipstick, it takes a bit of the peachiness out. Its creamy and has only the slightest bit of shimmer.


I’ve tried several shades in the blushes and my favorite as of yet is the Russet Light Glow Blush. Its name is a bit deceiving, it really isn’t a russet shade per say. It’s a peachy-apricot shade and more on the warms side but quite pretty. It has the slightest bit of luminosity to it, just enough to give a glow but not overly shimmery. Even though this shade would work for just about anyone, it might be a bit much if you are very fair. I would have a light hand with this if you are one of the fairest of the fair girls! The texture of these are fantastic, finely milled and silky. You certainly get the luxe feel with these.


I am extremely pleased with this line thus far. The packaging is chic and as expected from a design house such as Burberry. It is substantial and has the famous Burberry check print. The lipsticks have a magnetic closure in the lids, they snap in place when you recap it. Nice little feature! I have round three coming soon so stay tuned for updates on those!

No comments:

Post a Comment