Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dolce and Gabbana Holiday Haul

During a recent trip to the Big Apple, Saks was on my list of stops for a huge beauty haul. Did I mention it was Friends and Family time? And of course I had my list ready to go! I decided that for Dolce and Gabbana I needed the new Holiday collection. This particular collection called out to me a bit more since I could keep it neutral or glam it up a bit when needed. It’s a very versatile collection, in my opinion. I opted for quite a few pieces, but I’ll give a quick update on the Desert shadow quad, Shimmer gloss, Honey Gloss, Desert Lipstick and Cashmere Lip liner. I’ll post some reviews on the other items shortly.





(Desert Shadow Quad)

I love the Desert Quad for its warm golden shades; dark matte espresso, matte golden medium brown, warm shimmery taupe and a bone shade with the slightest shimmer. I love that this is completely appropriate for a nude day look but can be applied for a smoky night time look as well. It has the silky texture and great blend ability of the Dolce and Gabbana quality and of course the uber glamorous gold case is a treat.

(Desert Lipstick, Cashmere Lipliner)

The Desert lipstick has a bit of frost to it when I first apply it and seems a bit too coppery. But when I apply it with either the Honey or Shimmer gloss over it, it became a very attractive nude-beige shade I could wear every day. It is a nude so if you go with a soft neutral eye, this might not give you enough color, but with the more dramatic aspect of this collection, this would be great.

(Shimnmer Gloss, Honey Gloss)
The Shimmer gloss, Honey gloss and Cashmere lip liner are all on the neutral and nude side. There is not much color to either gloss, but both are great for enhancing a lip color. I apply both either over the Cashmere liner alone and it makes for a great quick lip touch-up while on the run. Or when you just don’t want too much color. The Shimmer gloss is true to its name and has a bit of shimmer but it’s not over the top shimmer. It has just enough to make it pretty, soft and romantic. The Cashmere lip liner is a perfect match for the Cashmere lipstick if you haven’t tried it already. It’s a part of the permanent lipstick collection and also a nude neutral shade.



So, basically this is the part of the collection that is more on the neutral side. The items I will review later are a bit more on the dramatic side and have more va va voom to them! All items in the collection are versatile and wearable for everyday, but certainly a treat for the holiday season. They are available at select Saks stores now and online at Saksfifthavenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment