Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FIVE BRUSHES YOU MUST HAVE

face/blush, eye blender, eye contour, eye shadow, eye definer

Must Have Brushes

Having the right brushes makes perfecting your look so much easier. I know personally, I’ve ended up with a ton of makeup brushes, and with so many different ones it can be confusing to determine which ones you need. I have as of late been able to narrow my necessary brushes down to a mere five! So I thought I’d share them with you and describe what I use each one for. But it’s ultimately up to you which ones will work for you. And of course different looks require different brushes, so that is a consideration as well.

The five I use regularly are a face/blush brush, large eye blending brush, eye shadow brush, eye contour brush and eye detail brush. Just a note, the denser the bristles the more product it picks up so you will have more intense color deposit. Soft fluffy brushes are good for blending and dusting on sheer color deposits.

· Face/Blush Brush- I use this brush to dust on loose powder or blush. I like one that is soft and fluffy so that I get a gently dusting of powder or color.
· Large Eye Blending Brush- This one is great for blending shadows, but can also be used to highlight cheekbones and brow bones.
· Eye Shadow Brush- I like ones that have dense bristles so that I can get quick color deposit.
· Eye Contour Brush- This one is great for applying color to the crease or for contouring the eye area. The bristles tend to be a bit shorter, but I’ve seen ones where the bristles are a tad longer. These are often called “ponytail” contour brushes.
· Eye Detail Brush- One of my favorites, I couldn’t live with out it. It is a tiny brush with very short dense bristles. This brush allows you to get great detailing, such as at the lash line.

There are other brushes you should have such as a bronzer brush or powder brush but you may not use these everyday. However, these are the five you must have for everyday! As with all other makeup, experiment and find what works for you! Have fun an play!

No comments:

Post a Comment