Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Natural or Not
I get alot of questions on all natural and organic cosmetics and skincare so I thought I'd give my thoughts on it. With the hype of all things eco-friendly, natural and organic, how do we really know which way we should go? Being one who tries to be as eco-friendly as possible, eats organic and really does want to do what’s best for myself and my world, I find it very confusing at times. I have used, tried and love many of the new up and coming lines that are organic and natural, and let me say, they are fabulous! So what about my coveted lines, my long loves that are not natural and organic?

We could drive ourselves crazy on the subject of what should and should not be used in cosmetics, how they are tested and on what. Not all synthetic ingredients are harmful, the magic of modern technology has allowed scientist to create ingredients that are beneficial and safe. And not all natural ingredients are beneficial to all, some essential oils set off an array of allergic reactions for me. So what is one to do? My only suggestion is to investigate what you are using, what the effects are, good and bad. Then weigh out whether or not it’s something you should use or want to use.

Recently, I was watching a show on how crude oil is manufacturing, and up popped a word I’ve seen many times in various cosmetic items; propoline. This is the product that is produced when crude oil is distilled and separated in to different components for use in industry. Personally, I can’t stomach the thought of using propoline on my skin, as beneficial as some reports say it is, so gone are all things containing propoline. Now, I know that the form used for cosmetics is not necessarily harmful, but it’s my choice not to use it. Its everyone’s choice, what may be good for one, may not be good for another!

No comments:

Post a Comment