Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting gorgeous color without the Sun





Sunless Tannning



Having a great summer tan no longer requires hours basking in the skin damaging sun! The days of rubbing on the suntan lotion and sitting for hours worshiping the rays are days of the past. In are the ways of the sunless tan. I’ve used a few that left me with a tangerine tint and a few with uneven spots of tan, and of course the infamous streaks! Technology has reared its head into the beauty industry and given us products of a new level of excellence.

I hate the idea of having to put on gloves to apply my self tanner, and some self tanners require so much prepping I feel like I’ll never get to the tanning part! One I use and love are TanTowels. These towelettes come in a full body size or half body size both of which can be used on all parts of the body including the face. The moist towelettes are saturated with self tanner that you apply by wiping the cloth on all parts of the body you wish to develop color on. Knee’s, elbows even ankles get an even dose of tanner so no more dark, dirty looking knee’s and elbows because of uneven application. The natural looking color develops over 3-4 hours and stays for several days. Apply the tanner every night until you get the tan you are looking for, and then touch up every two days or so to maintain. I rarely get sun, like never! So my legs tend to be a bit blindingly white, but when I have occasion to show my legs, I do just one application and gone are the white legs! There are several brands that use the towelette system, TanTowel and Kate Somerville. Both are equally impressive so it’s a preference to which brand you like.

Another fab self tanner comes in spray form, Mystic Tan. This is also one that can be used on face or body and delivers an even natural looking tan. It gives a fine even mist and is easier to apply to hard to reach areas such as your back. Even though it’s a spray, I found the best way to get even color is to lightly rub it in or blend it after you spray it on. Mystic Tan comes in a cream form as well, but I found it required much more blending to get the even color. So its pretty much a matter of preference. The line also has a wonderful color maintaining moisturizer, so keeping your tan glowing is a cinch!

Both of these products gave me equally impressive results and I use either depending on which one I happen to have at the time! If I could only find one that is all natural or organic! One thing I must stress is, you can use these year round and have a healthy dose of color. So even if it’s freezing cold outside and you have a foot of snow piled up, you can still have a glow that looks natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment