Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bobbi Brown Metalic Longwear Cream Shadow Review


I looked and looked in awe at the beauty of these cream shadows. The colors looked vibrant and I had the dilemma of deciding which one or ones I would take home! Unfortunately I only took home one. I had tried all of them and as vibrant as they seemed in the jars, they needed quite a covering of product to get any vibrancy. There was not as much base color as it seemed to have. Now this does not take away from the long wear of these, they wore for nearly six hours without budging. The one thing I must mention is that they certainly are not a metallic texture; they are quite glittery, and a lot of it. If you are not into glitter, these might not be for you. Once applied they will not budge, I rubbed and rubbed to try and tone down a bit of the glitter as I'd applied to much. No such luck. I had to remove with makeup remover and redo my eyes; with a tad less product I might say.

For those that don’t like a lot of glitter, these would not work for all over color, but would work really well for a pop right in the middle of the eye lid, rather than all over. Since the holidays are fast approaching, these would be great for adding light to your eyes for the many holiday parties with which we must grace with our presence! I ended up with Antique Gold, which is more like a khaki gold; it had a touch of green to it. Gorgeous shade actually, it’s a great compliment for my brown eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment