Monday, September 21, 2009


Kerastase Bain Gommage Shampoo


I decided to post a review on this shampoo because I seem to be having the same discussion with many people these days. Dry, itchy and flaky scalp! It’s horrifying and extremely irritating to have your scalp so itchy and flaky, not to mention the embarrassment of flakes! But unfortunately, this time of year brings on this condition. The weather is changing and it takes a toll on your scalp. Your scalp is skin, just like the rest of your body, except when your skin is dry and itchy you moisturize it. It’s much more challenging to moisturize your scalp when it gets dry and itchy. And when your scalp decides to flake, boy does it! I use this shampoo during this pesky time and after a few shampoos, it’s like heaven on my scalp. On the first shampoo the itchiness and flakes are dramatically reduced. Upon second shampoo, it’s reduced by about 50%. After about three or four shampoos my scalp is rebalanced to a healthy condition. Itchiness is nearly illuminated and flakes are down to a bare minimum. I usually use this shampoo for about two to three weeks before I alternate in my regular routine. After that, I use this about once a week. It is gentle to my scalp and keeps my dry hair and ends nourished, so it is great for color treated or heat treated hair.

Ritual: For the first several shampoo’s, I apply shampoo to dry scalp and massage it in with my fingertips. Leave it on your dry scalp for about three minutes, then emulsify into lather with water. Rinse and reapply about a quarter size to wet hair for a second shampoo. It is beneficial to leave the shampoo on your scalp for a few minutes to allow the treatment to penetrate and treat the scalp. Then follow with your favorite conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment