Thursday, September 16, 2010

GUERLAIN LINGERIE DE PEAU



Beige Naturel 03

There is nothing better than wearing foundation but not looking like you are. That is what you will get with this fabulous creation from Guerlain. Always known for their bronzing perfection, they have another winner with Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin Foundation. It literally melts and becomes one with your skin, for noticeable perfection. Not perfect foundation, but perfect skin.

Although it has been described as a sheer foundation, I found it to be sheer to medium as it is buildable. It provides a lightness and luminosity of healthy skin that just glows with light and looks to be perfection from within. I have heard from some that it doesn’t wear well, but mine has been wearing quite a well. I apply it in layers to build up the coverage, and then I set with my loose powder, which right now is Guerlain Beige Teint. And throughout the day, just a touching up with my Armani Sheer Pressed Powder (this is discontinued, but I hoarded a few when I found out!). Otherwise, I don’t need to touch up the foundation itself unless I’m going out that night, than I apply a bit more foundation for a more polished look.

The shade range is great in this collection, but don’t be fooled by the number and think they go from light to dark. There are some lighter shades in the higher number ranges, they are numbered by tones. Overall, I am quite pleased with the formulation, not too sheer and luminous, nice wear and wonderful shade ranges. Another plus, its $56 for 1oz!! With foundation prices jumping into the precious metal’s pricing range lately, I’m happy that this one is within the other affordable ranges! It’s still a bit high, but very do-able. This is just starting to hit counters, but they are very popular so if you find your shade has your sold out, be patient it will be there again eventually! And I think you will feel it’s worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment