Friday, September 24, 2010

Refillable Quads from Cle de Peau



With the season bringing us the high priced quads, I really wasn’t in a hurry to run out and get these. The normal quads are already up in the pricey range with a price tag of $75, so I just felt that these were going to be another high priced luxury I shouldn’t even get started with


Well, Neiman’s beauty event pulled me in and I couldn’t resist. The original investment for these is $85, as you have to buy the compact ($25) and then the refill ($55). I guess after the initial investment, they aren’t really much more than the quads from Dior or Chanel. Unfortunately for me, I don’t like switching out the refills as I use them as the SA suggested. I prefer each to have its own home! I know, crazy but it’s just my OCD. So for me, each would cost me the $85.



Getting over the cost, I have always loved CdP’s shadows, they are silky, finely milled and for that they offer excellent wear. They tend to be sheer unless you use a damp applicator to intensify the pigmentation but for daily wear, I like sheer. Right now the selection is quite small with only five to choose from, but I’m sure they will be adding more with the upcoming seasons. I ended up getting #201 Malachite which has a forest green, a peachy pink, a taupe and a golden taupe. Unfortunately for my wallet, I love these and know I will be going back to get the other one I wanted which is #204 Gold’s! We shall see, since there are many, many other things I say I am not going to buy yet I end up with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment