Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bare Escentuals-'Samantha’s Smoky Eye' Set


This set was part of my Sephora’s Friends and Family event; I passed on it originally but did a second order when I saw it in person. It’s a fantastic set for achieving a quick yet stunning smoky eye. And I love my smoky eye these days! The set contains a black chubby eye liner/shadow pen, a Buxom Mascara, Buxom Lip Gloss in Samantha and a smudge/shadow brush.


Generally I don’t like to buy sets since there is always an item or two I won’t use and it doesn’t end up being such a great deal because of this. But this set is the exception since I love every item in the set. The eye liner is a perfect base for stay put shadow; it is budge proof once it sets and dries. But it’s just as good on its own as a liner or cream shadow. I layered a black shadow with gold shimmer over it and had a perfect smoky eye. The Buxom Mascara has a following of its own, it adds great dimension and has great thickening capabilities. My two favorite items in the bunch however are the Samantha gloss and the smudge brush. The gloss is the perfect nude shade with a tad of peachiness and just the right amount of shimmer. It adds dimension to a nude lip without being over the top glittery. I only pray they release this as a stand alone item now. It has become a favorite! And finally the super usable smudge brush. It is dense enough to use as a smudge brush but also great for adding shadow at the lash line and even in the crease. It is a really great quality brush that has more than one function.


I must say that I think this is one of the best sets they released this season. Not to mention the very reasonable price of $42, each item alone would have been $72. There is nothing better than getting great product at great prices! This set is still available at Sephora and Sephora.com so get it while you can. It would make a great gift too!

No comments:

Post a Comment