Friday, December 17, 2010

CHANEL BEIGE Les exclusifs


While at a recent Sniffapalooza event in NYC, I was determined to bring home this scent. I have tested and tried this so many times that it was time I caved and purchased it. My only reservation was the size. I honestly didn’t want a 6.8oz bottle that I had to pack in my suitcase for fear it would fall to its death in hands of the infamous baggage handlers. Imagine that I spend $230 on a bottle of perfume to have it coat my suitcase contents before it made it home! Well, luck was on my side; Chanel has released it in a 2.5oz bottle that sells for $110. Now if this didn’t entice me, nothing would!

Crafted in 2008 by Chanel Master Perfumer Jacques Polge, Beige is a powdery floral with an elegant blend of white petals and hints of honey. Stunning and elegant Beige starts out lush and full bodied with touches of frangipani, but becomes calming and woody with a final touch of honey. Although Beige has a highly floral beginning, its eventual base is toned down into a concoction a bit less heady and ever so slightly sweet. Don’t be put off by the honey and the sweetness it lends the fragrance, it’s a grown up and ever so sophisticated sweetness. Not being a floral lover, I tried over and over to ‘not’ like this fragrance, hence the repeated test runs. I wanted to one day say that it just wasn’t for me. This has never happened!

Its original release was in a 6.8oz for $230, however its sister bottle is 2.5oz for $110. A bit more wallet friendly and certainly easier for me to trek home (it fit into my plastic bag!). If you think you will use the 6.8oz to its end, it is a much better value. However, if you are like me and tend to like a bit of variety, the 2.5oz is perfect since it will take me forever to use up. Part of the Exclusifs Collection, Beige is released in limited locations that includes Bergdorf Goodman, select Saks Fifth Avenue locations as well as Chanel Boutiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment