Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Plump it up!


Not all of us are fortunate enough to be born with lips like Angelina Jolie’s. But we all want them! And we can all have them, collagen is an option. I personally don’t want to have to resort to collagen injections, not yet anyways! So in recent years I’ve tested and tried an array of lip plumping glosses that claim to give you instantly plump lips. Some have worked, and if a red inflamed lip was what I was after, I got them! Some didn’t really work at all and a few have given excellent results. I have found that I am extremely sensitive to the plumper’s that have the tingling effect, so I’ve been left with few plumping options. Lipfusion is one that works well for me. It doesn’t give in instant effect, it actually takes about 10-15 minutes to see results, but I do get them! I was also one to fall in love with Duwops’s Lip Venom, but their original formula was one that left me with lips-afire! But their Lip Venom 2nd Sin worked, it was a better match for me. I did have the plumping effect and like LipFusion the affects lasted a bit longer with continued use.

Although the plumper’s have worked for me, I have found a technique that many makeup artists’ use to give the illusion of fuller more plump lips. Beau Nelson, owner and creator or Beaute Cosmetics has a fabulous tutorial on his website beaute-cosmetics.com. I’ve used his technique for some time and it actually does give the illusion of fuller lips. I use a nude liner to outline just slightly outside of my natural lip as well as filling in my whole lip area with the same liner. I then apply a flesh colored lipstick and top it off with a light reflecting gloss just to the middle of my lip. I use this same technique with just about any color lipstick or gloss and get the same affect. My upper and lower lips are pretty even, but my friend's upper lip is thinner than her lower. So instead of outlining outside the natural of line of her whole lip, I just do this to the upper lip.

So ladies, we can have the illusion of fuller lips with out collagen injections! I’ll save that for later! For now, I’ll enjoy playing with the lip products the wonderful creators have made to make our lives much fuller!

No comments:

Post a Comment