Friday, July 9, 2010

Burberry Beauty
Bronzer and Sheer Eye Shadow




I have finally received my Burberry Beauty order! And I am thrilled with what I received actually. My Nordstrom’s hasn’t received the collection yet so I had to order it online, sight unseen. I wasn’t really sure what I would end up with since it’s so hard to judge shades from a swatch. I ordered a bit of everything so I will be posting photos of the items individually.

A few of the items I’ve had the chance to play with are the Warm Glow Bronzer in Nude Glow(03) and two Sheer Eye Shadows in Gold Trench(04) and Midnight Black(18).

The texture is silky and finely milled; the bronzer blended well and looked completely natural. It gave just the right amount of color for a touch of sun and glow. Actually the Nude Glow Bronzer and Gold Trench shadow were almost twins in shade match so they complimented each other well. I paired the bronzer with a bright pink blush, and perfection! This is a great shade for light to med dark skintones, darker skintones might do better with Summer Glow 04.

Warm Glow Bronzer-Nude Glow 03

The shadows were sheer but buildable. I especially love the Gold Trench because it’s the perfect natural base for my current love, the smoky eye. It is a semi-matte, and I say semi-matte because it has a bit of luminosity but not exactly a shimmer or perle. The Midnight Black is the same texture with the slightest bit of luminosity and was just what I was looking for, a true black. I also used the Gold Trench to blend out the black for a smooth transition of shades for my smoky eye.

Sheer Eye Shadow-Gold Trench 04
Sheer Eye Shadow-Midnight Black 18

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the line so far. The line will do well in my opinion, amongst the couture lines. It is certainly a splurge line but one I will be exploring more!

No comments:

Post a Comment