Sunday, July 25, 2010

By Terry Ombre Black Star Shadow




These cream shadow crayons have been with the By Terry collection for a little while. I’ve used them for some time and wanted to share my thoughts. I actually use them often as a shadow base, they are the best I’ve used so far for stay put eye color. It is a bit pigmented so a light hand is needed if you want a sheer base. For more intensity I build it and wear it as a shadow or as a base for a smoky eye. Once this sets, anything you have over it will not budge. It doesn’t set instantly so you do have a minute or so to blend it out and it is quite blendable until then. There are several shades to choose from, light to the dark. My favorite as of yet is the Bronze Moon. It has a slightly metallic tone, but when blended out or layered with a powder shadow it doesn’t come off as over the top metallic at all.

Bronze Moon

At $45 each, it runs a bit high for a cream shadow. I don’t use this as my everyday base because of the price, but it’s certainly a must for my special occasions or when I know I will need extended wear. Especially now that the summer heat is upon us, it’s worth any price to not have your eye makeup disappear in two minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment