Thursday, June 3, 2010

Edward Bess Soft Orchid Blush




A completely new item to the Edward Bess collection is the Soft Orchid powder blush. Prior to this, the only blushes were the crème rouges. As versatile as those were, we all need a powder blush once in a while!
The one and only color, is a bright pink that looks a bit intimidating in the pan. My first trip to see the fabulous Edward Bess left me passing this up, not quite my shade I thought. I should have known better than to doubt him. This time he insisted I try it. It was just what I needed to pull together my bronzer and luminzer for a fresh faced glow. It certainly was not the result I thought it would be, but a sheer wash of angelic pink. It was a perfect balance for my bronzer.
Only one shade you ask? I watched Edward apply this to his next client who had a completely different complexion than I, and to my surprise it was gorgeous on her as well. So to fit with his minimalistic style, why have so many shades when one will do! As his collection expands, I’m sure the demand will call for more but for now, enjoy this. It’s a gem! You will have to call Bergdorf Goodman and order over the phone as it is not yet on his site.

No comments:

Post a Comment