Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jill Stuart Lip Gloss Haul




Romantic Crystal, Pink Almond, Sugar Rose

I have an obsession for Japanese cosmetic lines! It might be that we can’t get them here, so that means I must have them! I don’t think that’s the only reason, but one reason I like Japanese brands is because they tend to be a bit more colorful, shimmery and they aren’t afraid to stray from the mainstream. One brand I like in particular is the Jill Stuart collection. Jill Stuart is an American designer based out of New York City; however she chose to launch her cosmetic collection in Asia. The success of the collection has been phenomenal!

The eye shadows tend to be a bit shimmery, so if you shy away from the shimmer, this might not be for you. However, I LOVE the shimmer! That doesn’t mean I am a big lump of shimmer, placing it strategically is particularly important. One area at a time is my rule! The glosses from the collection are fantastic as well.
My recent haul from Ichibankoa.com left me with several of the Jill Stuart glosses. Three in total, two are Jelly Lip glosses and one is a Lip Lustre Gloss. The Jelly Glosses are a lighter texture and tend to be sheer with shimmer. However, the Lip Lustre Gloss has a texture similar to Chanel Glossimers. The staying power of the Lip Lustre Gloss  is quite a bit longer lasting than the Jelly Glosses and the pigment is more prominent but both are equally fun.

For this haul, I ended up with Romantic Crystal (sheer baby pink with shimmer) Jelly Gloss, Pink Almond (beige pink with shimmer) Jelly Gloss and Sugar Rose (peachy pink with shimmer) Lip Lustre Gloss. All three were just what I expected, since ordering from on online site, you can sometimes be very surprised with the shades you end up with. Each ended up being around $29 give or take. The price included shipping and tax, as well as currency conversion rates at the time of ordering. Overall, the quality was not bad, but not the best available. Price was in the average range for higher end brands, and overall they are a fun line to have! If you are into the cute, feminine and totally glam packaging, you will love Jill Stuart’s collection. Everything falls into the princess theme of things! Jill Stuart’s current collection is available online at ichibankoa.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment