Monday, June 28, 2010

Guerlain Terracotta Lady Bronzer



Guerlain is the master in bronzing and this is no exception. This one seems to be a bit more universal in shading in that it could be used as a blush or bronze. I’ve seen it on light-med skin and then on darker skin tones. My skin tone is light-medium in the range of MAC NC20-25(depending on time of year), I really don’t get that much sun so it’s at its darkest with NC25. On my skin it shows up as a shimmering sheer copper shade with a tad of pink undertone. It does have shimmer so I must mention that, if shimmer bronzer is not for you there is on without shimmer. It only came in the two shades, one with shimmer and one without shimmer. On my friend who has a much darker skin tone, this was more like a highlighter, with only a slight bronzing. But it is still very pretty none the less.

The packaging is unique, reminds me of a genie bottle! It comes with a uniquely shaped brush which is housed in the lid and pops out for use and snaps back in for storage and travel. The brush is unique in that it’s not domed or flat like most. It has an indentation in the middle, meant to hug the curves of your check bones and other rounded area’s such as shoulder or chin. I didn’t find that the brush gave any extraordinary results, but I don’t complain either. It’s actually a rather usable bronzer brush, and even better that it can be stored right along with the bronzer. I think it will be wonderful for travel. It is a limited edition item to the line, so get it now. I don’t think this will be around long! It is comparable range to their other bronzers with a price point of $62. It’s rather pricey but worth it if you want to splurge on a great bronzer!

No comments:

Post a Comment